Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Obladee- A New Wine Bar

Obladee
1598 Barrington St.

I stopped by Obladee with a good friend of mine for a glass of wine and some cheese. When I say it is a new wine bar, I mean REALLY new. Obladee opened officially on Monday after a few "soft openings" according to our waiter.

Because it is so new, I think it would be unfair to give this place a full review. I am acquainted with one of the owners through her sister and I mention to her that I do a food blog. She said it is customary to give a restaurant 3 months to get settled before doing a full review. I completely agree with her so I'll call this a half review for now.

I can safely comment on a few things. The place is absolutely beautiful. It is very cozy, with warm lighting and cool jazz in the background. A wonderful atmosphere. You'd never know this was the home of  Frozen Ocean.

It also has a HUGE wine list which includes reds, whites, port, sherry, and sparkling wines. A small selection of draft and bottled beers are also available.

Food is limited to cheese and meat plates. Many of the things on the list are locally produced. Condiments include gherkins, olives, dijon mustard and a delicious mango chutney.

I think this place has great potential. Once they get comfortable there, I think they will be very successful. I hope you will all try it out and I will definitely be back for another glass of great wine in this gem of a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment